Thursday, September 08, 2005

My Sanskrit Teacher

There are pleasures of life that we experience when others achieve the heights. One such pleasure which I had of late was to see the message that my school sanskrit teacher, Mr. K R Vedanarayan has been awarded the President's Award. He was one of the 306 teachers to have received the award for 2004 from the president on 5th Sep 2005. His name may be located at number 287 of the list released on Press Information Bureau's (PIB) website.
I am proud to be his student. (A teacher is a teacher forever. That is why I chose to use the present tense construction of this sentence).
[Further, to blow my trumpet, I had got 100% in Sanskrit in the exam conducted by Sanskrit Teachers' Association, Chennai in 1998 and I have treasured the certificate with my sanskrit teacher's autograph at the back.]

No comments: